....................................................

....................................................

Friday, June 10, 2011

The Last Day...

Here it is the last day of the school year (with students) and I'm not having the mixed feelings I thought I would. I figured I'd be more sad than I am. I have to say I just keep thinking about my beautiful munchkin at home.

There are a few students I will miss dearly. It is that way every year- ones you wish you could visit after the year is complete. I do have to say there are some students you feel like 9 months was too much and some that it just isn't enough. I'm glad that they give teachers a free class picture each year because I was looking back at them while I was packing up the classroom and I couldn't believe all of the students that I've taught. 7 years is a long time.

Now it's time for the next phase of my life. God knows that I'm ready for this new adventure Lauren and I are going to take together. I think that might be my favorite part of it all, that I get such an awesome buddy to share this next stage of my life with. I don't have to give her up after nine months (hehehe)!

As I packed up everything I was thinking about stuff that I could keep at the house so Lauren could use. I loved when teachers gave away things at the end of the year and then Shauna and I would play school. Some things that I kept for her include: stickers, books (of course), stamps, craft sticks, games, and construction paper. We're going to get to do so many crafts without spending a dime- it'll be great!

Speaking of packing- wow, I can't believe how much stuff I had. That is even with giving away a bunch to fellow teachers. I had two long Rubbermaid tubs of just files! Then I had one big tube of stuff like flash cards, tangrams, math manipulative, and stuff like that. Then I had thirteen small Rubbermaid bins FILLED to the brim with books! When my mother in law came down to watch Lauren this week she took a whole Santa Fa worth of stuff back to their house to store for me. I can't tell you how grateful I was for that. I think I'll be thanking her for a long time. Since our house has no basement, attic, or garage (what were we thinking when we bought this house?!?).

So my last thoughts of this last day with students is this "I'm going to love missing them and not missing my baby!"

No comments:

Post a Comment