....................................................

....................................................

Friday, December 17, 2010

Advice?

Lauren is down for a nap right now, and I just finished the thank you notes I've been procrastinating, so I have a moment to write down all that has been going on.

First she was up ALL morning. This is a first. As I told you this girl sleeps so much. But today she was up from 7 am until 1. That is huge for her. She did sleep for a billion hours yesterday (a little bit of an exaggeration). She also ate horrible because of that. She falls asleep all the time during nursing. I know that this habit will pass, but I get so nervous when she doesn't eat, to what in my mind, isn't enough. I know she isn't going to starve to death, but it still is unnerving. This morning though, she ate like a champ.

I do have to say, I felt, that while I was pregnant I didn't get as much "advise" as I had expected to get. I feel like from the magazine articles I read and what friends had warned me people all over would had advise for me. That didn't seem to be the case. Now though, a totally different story. While my mom was here, she seemed to all of a sudden have everything to say about how and what I should did with Lauren. Don't get me wrong, some of it I was grateful for. But some I was getting annoyed with. I feel the say way with my best friend. I feel like very conversation we've had lately has had some "advise" for me. Some of it unwanted and unnecessary. I know I have gone to her for advise a lot, and when I ask for it, it's a whole other thing. I guess it was just today she had made a sly comment about how often I hold her and how I put her down to sleep. I didn't ask her about it and I didn't want to hear her opinion. She isn't here all day, she doesn't know what I've been doing. I know they've told me and I've read in a billion books (sorry about the exaggeration again) book that you can't spoil a baby. I enjoy holding her. I've waited over two years to hold her and if I want to hold her I will!!!

Sorry for the rant, but I needed to get that out. I needed to feel like someone knew, without telling someone. I hate that feeling of wanting to talk about something that is on your mind, but then feeling like if you do, it will some how get back to that person and they'll be upset with you.

Well I better go check on Lauren and I still need to relax a little. Haven't had my nap yet today and that is never a good thing once 8 o'clock hits and I'm exhausted!

Here are both my baby girls getting a Christmas picture taken.
I love them so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment