....................................................

....................................................

Monday, October 22, 2012

Such a big weekend!

Holy goodness there are about seven hundred other things I should be doing but I can't put off another minute what I've been waiting to write about! So yeah to procrastination!!

First, oh my what a wonderful weekend! How great it was to have Matt's parents come down and to see them. It's such a treat to have them here. They came Friday a little after lunch and stayed through this morning. Them being here gave Matt and I some time to get away. So Friday after Matt got home from work and visited a little- we headed to a friends vacation home.

All I can say is quiet, it was so tranquil and quiet. We slept like champs Friday night after enjoying some Arby's dinner on the drive down. Both of us have been so tired that the sleep (and did a mention quiet) were such a wonderful gift. Saturday we enjoyed a nice walk around the area and I got almost all of my cross-stitch project done (I won't shame myself by telling you how long ago I started this project or that it's for some friend who got married this past April...yes my head is hung a little low for this). Matt enjoyed reading magazine after magazine- there were lots there. We chatted and enjoyed watching the 'baby on board' kicking and squirming around inside my tummy. I napped while Matt enjoyed a movie (the only time we turned on anything electronic, aside from our cell phones to call home). We decided that dishes were too hard to do on such a relaxing getaway so we got take out for dinner. Before we knew it, we were ready for another early night and off to bed we went. As crazy as my sleep has been these day- waking up at the wee hours of the morning and not being able to fall back to sleep for what feels like forever (yes, this is still a problem for me)- I slept like a champ, 10 straight hours each night.

By the time Sunday morning rolled around I was ready to get home and take advantage of my in-laws being in charge of Lauren and the house. We got back and I got right to work reorganizing and cleaning. I got so much done and Matt and his dad got stuff done I wasn't even hoping to happen. It was such a productive day. It was like all the energy that I didn't use the day before was stored up so I could do twice as much the next day. Plus, my MIL was doing all my usually things, watching Lauren, cooking, cleaning up etc. so it freed me up to be able to do whatever I needed to do. I know I could use that break more often and it makes me so wish we could be closer to family- especially them.

My Four Phase plan is moving full speed ahead! Check out what I got done:


Phase One:  - Empty guest/playroom and closet - moving everything upstairs.
                  - Prep room to be painted
                  - Purchase paint and paint room
                  - Reorganize closet in office to accommodate more stuff (this 
                    should be fun...)

Phase Two: - Move our bedroom furniture downstairs and set up room
                 - Decorate our new master bedroom
                 - Redesign, purchase, and install closet organization for this room
                 - Sell one queen mattress set
                 - Purchase two twin mattress sets

Phase Three: - Reorganize upstairs closets- we have three and they will all be        
                     changing!
                   - Purchase two new dressers, a nightstand and two twin beds for 
                     Lauren's new room
                   - Reorganize Lauren's stuff into new room
                   - Purchase bedding for new beds
                   - Purchase and hang new blinds for this room (curtains too, but no 
                     rush on those)
     
Phase Four: - Decorate Lauren's new room
                  - Wash, fluff, and spruce up nursery for new baby
                  - Redecorate upstairs bathroom into a kids bathroom

My house feels more like a house. Matt's and my new master bedroom so close to being complete- it all but needs some pictures on the wall and you can call it done. Lauren's new room is moving along quite nicely. I'm still organizing some toys, books, and need to switch over closets- but it looks like a kids room and not a room of crap in piles. The nursery is back to normal- no random furniture  toys and boxes lining the walls. It's getting there.

This week is relatively slow- I only have Brooke one day, and I only have plans for Friday- other than that I've got time to do things. This wonderful math equation show how I feel in a nut shell  Stuff being done + time to get more stuff done = one happy lady. Most of the things left are tedious and it's stuff most people will never see or notice- like closet reorganization- but once it's done, it's done! (I know that statement is redundant but we all know we do stuff just so it's done and we don't have to do it again- hopefully for a while).

I'm so grateful for a wonderful weekend, that had the prefect combination of relaxation and productivity. I'm so grateful for the time to reconnect with my loving husband- Happy 7th Anniversary to us! I'm so grateful for family that so willingly and generously helped us out in SO many ways. I'm so grateful for the house we have and the home we've created. Amen to all those blessings!

"God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:8

No comments:

Post a Comment