....................................................

....................................................

Monday, October 22, 2012

Big Girl Bed!

This weekend we were able to purchase and set up Lauren's big girl bed! After the blessing of selling the queen bed we had and having the time to reorganize yesterday there was finally space for it. So Matt and his dad went and purchased it and we had it set up so when she got up from nap it was all ready. She was super excited and wanted to get right in it. 

Thankfully I still had the twin sheets from my college years, and I had purchased a water proof mattress protector at Target so I was able to make the bed up. I pushed it against a wall and my MIL had found a bed rail at a garage sale so she would be able to sleep in it right away.

She loved that she got her own pillow! I'm having quilts made for both twin beds (we're buy the second bed at the beginning of November) and so I just put on her favorite comfy blanket over top. It looked so comfy!

Perspective is funny sometimes. After we set up the bed, we were commenting on how tiny it was. Then you put her in it and she looks small and the bed looks so big. I just had to giggle at that.

I just can't get over how excited I am for her to make this big step but how sad I am that she's big enough to do it. Wow- she's my big girl!!

Today for nap I was fully ready to put her down in her crib, but she had other plans. We read books, said prayers, and then used the potty. All this as usually, in the nursery (well except the potty...). But once she had her pants back on she went running for her new room saying "Big Girl Bed!" I asked if she really wanted to nap in there and she just repeated again "Big Girl Bed!" so we cleaned off the toys and brought in her stuffed animals. Then I tucked her in and headed out the door. She called for me a few minutes later asking for "books," which oops I forgot to put in there and then after about 15 minutes of reading and talking to herself she was out. I sneaked upstairs and took this picture...



...then I called Matt to tell him what had just happened. 

I plan on stripping the crib and raising the crib mattress (I'm thinking good visual indicators to her that this bed is now unavailable to you). I hope that she continues to enjoy her new room and bed as the days and weeks pass. What a blessing my girl is- she makes this whole parenting this so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment