....................................................

....................................................

Monday, June 18, 2012

Catching up on life...

I feel like the month of May and June have been nothing but a big blur. I have written a few posts here and there but haven't had that much time to sit and write and now that I do have a moment I'm not sure where to begin.


Well, school is out and that means summer is here. This still changes my world because all of my teacher friends are not working. I went from pretty much talking to my mom and sister, occasionally Matt for a moment here and there, during the day- to having a barrage of peeps to chat with. I've been hesitant to make to many plans after such a busy past few months though. 


I've got Brooke all week and that is helping me stay plan free. We do have a play date for Wednesday, like normal, but this one is to see a kids show/concert type thing. I'm hoping it will hold Lauren's attention and doesn't make me want to poke my ears out- lol. I can handle a lot of things, but I'm nervous about this one. We'll have to wait and see.


I've finally felt motivated to finish the door we had installed a few months back. I haven't gotten around to painting it. Mostly because I haven't felt too motivated and also because we've been so busy that nap time equals me sitting on my butt time. OR more likely it's been me getting more stuff done time. I really need to finish up a cross stick project and get started on the LebCamp small group devotionals. But, ha, instead I've decided to write a post. You see where my priorities are.


We just had the best weekend ever, because we had NO plans. That's right we enjoyed not doing a thing and not doing it together. I've been running myself ragged with all the things going on, I even told Heather I wasn't going to run this weekend. I just didn't want to have to run off, lol no pun intended, anywhere. I wanted to be home with my family. I do have to say I felt a little lazy after having such a slow weekend. But I got a few house hold things done, and it was nice to just do it without feeling rushed or scheduled. 


It was also a great weekend because we got to honor Matt for being such a great  and wonderful Dada. Sunday was all about Matt. Both of us enjoyed the day so much that when we went to bed we both said that it felt like going to church that morning was a different day. The day seemed to drag, but in a good way. Sometimes the best time are just being with each other. Lauren played in the water all weekend. We even noticed how much less diapers we used since she was outside in her bathing suit all weekend. We ate outside and I even took a nap out there. Amen for the perfect weather to enjoy the outdoors too. Sometimes we'd like to go out but it's too hot, or cold, or rainy. But this weekends weather was perfect.


So many blessings to be thankful for. Some time to slow down and enjoy each other, as well as honoring what a wonderful dad my husband is.


All God's people said...AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment