....................................................

....................................................

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Happy Feet or should I say Fins?

After two crazy busy weekends in a row and a busy week I feel like I've got some light shining through. Just thinking about the many blessings I have to be thankful for. 

First Lauren is saying more and more words. She blows my mind as she looks at me and just blurts out yet another new word. I also feel like the words she already says are getting more audible too. I keep looking at her in awe of how much she has grown, just in the past month. I feel so blessed that I'm able to stay home and soak it all up, everyday.

She also has a new love. She is in love with fish. Any fish will do but Nemo is her true love. She has always enjoyed watching fish. At my friends house, they have a fish tank and she would just watch it all day long. She has had the sign for fish down for sometime now. She can say "dish" for fish too. 

I noticed it go from a like to a love though because of her most recent sleep patterns. Lately she has been getting up so early. She use to sleep until 7ish most days. Sometimes 6:30 and others 7:30. I liked this schedule and had no problem getting up when she did. However, more recently she has been waking up at 5:44-6 am. This is too early for mommy. So most days I transfer her to our bed, where she will read books and headbutts or kicks us as we try and pretend we'll get more sleep. On Saturdays though I've been putting in a movie on the TV in our room, giving her a sippy cup of water, and a snack cup of cheerios. She doesn't watch the movie for long, but it gives her some background noise and she goes and plays with books or what not while we lay there like bums. 

She had picked out the Lilo and Stitch movie forever ago from the closet we keep movies in. She would just carry it around the house like she does her books. For this reason I tried this movie first. Then we noticed she was obsessed with the fish in movie so Matt suggested we put in Finding Nemo. Well, if I would let her, she would watch that movie over and over- everyday. She is always asking for me to put it on and walks around says "dish, dish" and pointing at the TV. I'm not a fan of having the TV on all day, so most of the time she doesn't get her wish. 

I also have the sound track to Lilo and Stitch so I put that in her radio one day and she loves listening to her "dish" song on repeat all day long. There are some moments I think I might need to be checked into a padded room if I hear the song one more time, but she loves it. She also walks around with the DVD paperwork for Finding Nemo and call it her "dish book." She just cracks me up. How precious it is and I know I will look back and remember this stage in her life and have these same feeling rush back. She is just taking in so much. I can't get over it. So today I'll end with a quote from Nemo that reminds us all what to do when life gets us a little grumpy...




Dory: Hey there, Mr. Grumpy Gills. When life gets you down do you wanna know what you've gotta do? 
Marlin: No I don't wanna know. 
Dory: [singing] Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.
Marlin: Dory, no singing. 
Dory: [continuing] Ha, ha, ha, ha, ho. I love to swim. When you want to swim you want to swim. 
Marlin: Now I'm stuck with that song... Now it's in my head. 
Dory: Sorry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment