....................................................

....................................................

Sunday, July 17, 2011

A turtle, some pee, and something sad

This post is going to have to be three combined because yesterday I needed to write two, which I didn't get around to and then today Lauren did something worth sharing as well. So here it all is.

First about the turtle, or should I say turtles. About a month or so ago we were on our way to church when I noticed a turtle crossing the road and I felt awful for it. I know- because I was a biology major in college, that most animals lack the part of the brain needed to have "feelings" but he must have been so scared. Maybe I was scared for him. Matt being the awesome husband that he is asked if I wanted him to turn around and we can go move it to the other side. I looked at the clock and we had a few moments to spare (we usually don't, we're usually showing up to church at 11:00 sharp ;-). We turned around and while we were getting out of the car another car was coming in the opposite side as us, the side the poor turtle was on. He slowed down and got the turtle before us and put it on the side of the road. I was so thankful and grateful that the turtle was safe. Then yesterday I had another run in with a suicidal turtle. This on was in the right most line for a four line, busy road. I stopped and put my hazards on and called Matt. I was only two blocks from the house so I asked him to come help because I didn't want to leave Lauren in the car without me and I was scared to pick the little guy up. While I was waiting for Matt and praying I wouldn't get rear ended a man stopped and jogged over to me to see what was wrong. I think it was a bit surprised when I yelled it was a turtle and pointed to it. He was sweet enough and picked up the turtle and put him safely on the side of the road. I drove to meet Matt and we went back to check that he was safely away from the road, and thankful he was. So that's my story about the turtles- someone has to look out for the little guys.
How wonderful to see God's mercy in others as they aided in the saving of these turtles.

Secondly, the sad news. My mom called me yesterday crying and saying that she had to bring her dog into the vet because her dog, Sadie, was extremely lethargic and not wanting to eat. She asked me to pray for Sadie and said that she'd call back when she knew what was going on. I didn't hear from her until a lot later in the day, only to find out they had to put her down. She had a cancerous tumor on her spleen that had burst. I was so sad for my mom. I know that Sadie is in a wonderful place, enjoying God and his splendor, but my poor mom was just torn up. I continue to pray for her, and I ask for you to as well. I called her this morning, she was better, and I shared this next story with her and cheered her up.


So lastly, the pee story that helped cheer up my mom made me laugh hysterically! Lauren needed a bath this morning so I usually undress her in the bathroom but leave her diaper on until the moment before I put her in the tub to avoid what happened the other day - her peeing on the floor and me (the other day I took it off and she was standing, holding onto the tub and when I turned to put the diaper up she just released her bladder right there). Today though, Matt was home, so I asked him to take off her PJ's and diaper, which he did in the spare/playroom across the hall. I quickly walked her across the hall to the bathroom completely naked but stopped at the mirror to check out her cuteness. She looks so big now that she stands so well and her big balboas belly cracks me up, along with her leg rolls. Well Matt and I were chatting it up she peed all over the bathroom counter, which sent me laughing and Matt going "I knew she was going to do that" and then I moved her into the sink quickly (me still laughing of course). She then took it upon herself to continue her job standing in the sink, which in turn made me and Matt laugh harder! The best was that once she was done she started playing in it with her feet- since it took me a minute to pull myself together and get her in the actual tub. Gotta love kids!


This is a picture of my mom, Lauren, and Sadie just last week. We love you good girl!

"Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints." Psalm 116:15

No comments:

Post a Comment