....................................................

....................................................

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Lauren sporting her Lebcamp onesie! (Romans 12:2)

This past week Lauren and I had Lebcamp adventures. We got to help out during this week of service for the youth at our church. It is my fifth year helping out in some way shape or form. The first two years were just helping out for a day or two, filling in where Jason needed me to. Then the last two years I was blessed enough to be a crew adult and go out onto a work site with the youth. This year with Lauren in toe, my role changed again. This past week Lauren and I hunkered down and were the 'mission control' back at church. When crews need things, had questions, or what not they called me and I took care of them. It was wonderful to be part of this awesome missions work yet again.

We spent our days in the church office with Ashley and Debbie. We enjoyed chatting with other helpers and playing with all the wonderful toys mommy found in the nursery. Each day was an exciting adventure and Lauren did so well adjusting to napping at the church and hanging around everyone. Everyone was just smitten over her (I'm a little partial, but I'm quite smitten over her as well).

Playing in the exersauser from the nursery along with all the toys a girl could need.

In the evening, Matt would take over with Lauren duty, and I would head back over to church to do small group bible study with one of the work groups. As exhausted as I was, God gave me the strength and desire each night to head back over to the church after dinner to share His word with these wonderful children. It truly is amazing to watch each person grow in their faith each day/night. It is so wonderful to see others grow to love God more and more. It reminds us how awesome His love is!

Hanging out with Jason

As the week came to a close, a very tired mommy and Lauren were glad to come back to our home. Yesterday's two hour nap and today's three and a half hour nap have shaken the sleep out of my eyes. As I look back on my week I'm thankful for the blessing it brought to Lauren and I, as well as the residents of the home the youth helped to repair and the dogs that got extra love and attention. How great it is to see God's love abound!

We took lunch to the blue crew, who worked on Mrs. Clark's house. She was the resident I worked with the last two years. She is a true disciple of God. I felt very blessed to visit with her and for Lauren to meet her.

Me, Lauren, and Sara - took lunch to blue crew on Tuesday.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment