....................................................

....................................................

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Life with a baby...

I have been busy, but when I think back I'm not totally sure what I've been busy with. I guess Lauren- but nothing specific. I think that is what life with a baby is like. Your days fly by, you do things, and then you look back and say "where did that day go?"

I get sad every time I put her down to bed. Sad that another day is gone and over. Sad that it's getting closer to the time when I need to head back to work and I'll be spending most of my time at work and sleeping, so there will be less time to watch her grow and love on her.

On the other hand, Matt and I officially made the decision that I'm not going back to work next year. I know we both picture me raising our children at home and not paying someone else to do it. We know that it is going to "rock" our financial world, but we've been preparing the best we can this year to help out next year. We just need to trust that this decision was made with the Lord's guidance and it was made with our hearts (not our wallets) so it will work out.

I do have to keep reminding myself of this, that I'm just going back to work for a little bit- I'm hoping knowing this will make going back to work for four and a half months easier. A little bit of pain for a lot of relief (like how it hurts to take the band aid off, but once it's off the pain was worth it). Yikes, I just referred to my job as a hurtful band aid!

She is sleeping now and I just love it- being a mom that is! Everyday I spend with her is a blessing. She smiles so big now. She just looks at me and her eyes sparkle, and she gets this big goofy grin on her face. I love it! Here are some new pictures.
Just hanging out, looking cute!

Love the look on her face, it's the Elvis look (an ability I can proudly say she inherited from me)

Here is that sweet smile- just melts my heart!

Lauren's first play date with her friend Alex and my friend Heather.

No comments:

Post a Comment