....................................................

....................................................

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Every day is precious!

Today I received a call from Garrett and it wasn't good news. She called to tell me that one of our wonderful co-workers (which is an understatement in describing him because he is so much more) was in the hospital for what might have been a stroke. I was just floored. I know that you don't wake up wondering what bad news you might get that day, so any bad news is a shock. I've been praying ever since and I really feel the need to write my feels down to help me.

Mr. White is an awesome man of God. He has been a mentor for me in so many ways from the day I meet him five years ago. He taught on the third grade team with me when I moved down from teaching high school special education. He is a great listener and wonderful at sensing ones well being. He is a lot of fun too! I've had the pleasure of eating lunch with him for multiple years while we worked together and had many of great laughs and heart to hearts. When I went through my tough year last year, he was always there for a helping hand, hug, or just to listen to me. The best part about when we talk is how he always knows just how to remind me of God's presence in my life. What a wonderful friend he is!

I cherish our relationship dearly so my heart is heavy tonight. I pray for him to be alright. That God's healing hands be around him. I pray for his family and that God has his angles surrounding them as they need Him too.

"Is anyone of you in trouble? He should pray...And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well.; the Lord will raise him up..." James 5 13, 15

No comments:

Post a Comment