....................................................

....................................................

Monday, November 15, 2010

Prayer

Actually got out of work at a reasonable hour and felt accomplished when I left. Super excited to have a minutes to blog! I have had a list of things-to-do at work a mile long for the past month. Well I'm getting things crossed off of it and I'm not adding things quite as fast these days. Can we say AMEN!

Although my day has ended well, it didn't start off that way. I woke up this morning feeling- defeated. That is a tough way to start off ones day. Mondays tend to be that way. It's the beginning of another week, filled with the same list of crud to get done, and on top of it I was feeling sick today. But when I was doing my hair, I remembered the sermon from yesterday morning, which mind you I need to hear over a few more times it was so good. I remembered Pastor Spencer talking about breath prayers. Prayer you say in your head and it's short and can be said over and over again. I then thought about listen to Christian music and when I do, I so often get a line or two stuck in my head all day at work. I feel like this is a breath prayer. I repeat it over and over and as I do that I remind myself of God presence in my daily life. He is ever present and it can be so easy to leave Him out. I'm thankful for the reminder this week: we should be walking with our Lord daily!

"Therefore let everyone who is godly pray to you while you may be found; surely when the mighty waters rise, they will not reach him. You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance." Psalm 32: 6-7

"
Let the glory of the Lord rise among us
Let the glory of the Lord rise among us
Let the praises of our King rise among us
Let it rise
Oh, let it rise
"
~Let it Rise by William Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment