....................................................

....................................................

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Baby on the brain.

Matt and I have been enjoying birthing classes. We have taken 2 of the 3 classes we have scheduled. Next week will be our last week. They are quite interesting. It's been a bonding experience for Matt, baby, and I. It is so much different now that there are things we get to do together to prepare for our baby girl. It seemed at the beginning it was just me being pregnant and him caring for me, which don't get me wrong was wonderful. But now there is more we get to do TOGETHER. It isn't just me growing a baby and him caring for me but things we do as a couple, as parents :-). The birthing classes, putting together baby stuff, and today we went to the mall and we exchanged some clothes together. I know I'm corny, but this little gift of God is already bringing our marriage closer and closer.

Today we also took a breastfeeding class together. I really don't know if I could have done it without him. Having him in the seat next to me made all the difference. I know I want to breastfeed and I am anticipating the bonding between me and baby, but at the same time it’s still a little scary. I'm sure these fears will melt the minute she is born. I know they will because God will be there guiding me through caring for her. Amen for having a God that loves us enough to never leave our sides!

Just an aside- we totally got a flat tire on the way to the class today. Thank goodness we weren't that far from home yet and it was a back tire because we were able to make it back home and flip flop cars. We were only twenty minutes late for the class. Some things are crazy. Got it all patched up though, and my Pilot is all better!

"The Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." Psalm 121:8





No comments:

Post a Comment