....................................................

....................................................

Sunday, May 18, 2014

"You're such a mother!"

This is a quote that came right from my sweet husband's mouth tonight as we were getting the girls out of the van at our local frozen yogurt shop (we tend to frequent there since they always have a dairy free option for Olivia). I was quite proud of him saying it, even if I knew it was a bit of a mocking tone behind it. Well you see I'm an over packer, I'll be the first to admit it- I've always been this way. From as far back as I can remember when we would head to dad's house every other weekend, my sister and I would pack up our bags for our overnight adventure. My sister's bag always looked sickly and deflated since it contained only what she needed in it- but not my bag, no sire! My bag was busting at the seams. 

So this crazy need to have anything I just might need at a moments notice has spilled over into motherhood. The diaper bag is always over equipped for most trips out of house. There have been times Matt says he doesn't even try and zip it for fear of breaking it. I on the other hand, I never have any problem because it's all about placement- if it's all in the right spot it closes with no problem. Esther recently went diaper bag diving for me when I was mid diaper change- didn't realize I needed some rash cream until after the fact- and she was overwhelmed by the amount of stuff I had in there. 

I know, you're thinking- where are you headed Jennifer?!? Okay, I'm getting there...so tonight we headed to the frozen yogurt place and it was in the evening after dinner, sun going down, so I sheepishly snuck some coats in the car without Matt noticing- for fear that he would mock me for bringing them. So it wasn't until we were unloading the girls that he spied my coat stash. He's laughing at my need to always be over prepared and teasing me about it. I do have to say I do this often, getting a chuckle from him every time. But do you know what... tonight IT WAS COLD!!! All three of us girls were nice and cozy in our coats while he was cold. So for that one time when I was saving our girls from freezing to death, I mean we were practically hypodermic here! Okay so not really...but if that makes me 'such a mother' I'll take it!  

I won't mention though that yesterday evening when the temperature was a little higher and I had Olivia and I in coats, Matt laughing at us again, and we might have been a bit over bundled- no I didn't just admit to anytime when Matt might be in the right ;-)

Good thing we can laugh at each other and ourselves- and if you ever need anything, ask and I'll just check my bag for you!

"...Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 7:20

No comments:

Post a Comment