....................................................

....................................................

Thursday, May 15, 2014

My Phil Dunphy Moment

I had a moment the other day that reminded me of a funny episode of Modern Family (such a funny show)- it makes me laugh now but it didn't then! I was upstairs straighten up so I could vacuum. The morning was getting away from me as I rushed around and started to make Lauren's bed. That's when I heard the beep, the unmistakable beep that a smoke detector with low batteries makes. I stopped what I'm doing and listened- it didn't seem to be one upstairs. So I head downstairs...

Matt had just put up all new smoke detectors downstairs the night before so I was confused as to how one could already have a low battery. So I listen again, I could still hear it but it wasn't them. It was louder though so I thought maybe it was upstairs and it was louder because it was coming through the baby monitors. So I headed back upstairs...

No definitely not upstairs. I was feeling so frustrated as it dawned on me that I had just taken the extremely stinky garbage out that morning, setting it just outside the back door and the old smoke detectors were in there. So I headed to the back door and that's where the noise is coming from!

I call Matt, who's on his way to work, and ask him what to do. He made fun of me for this later. But I tried to explain later that I was too frustrated to figure it out on my own since I was about to go dumpster diving into a very, VERY stinky bag of garbage that had a nice poopy diaper sitting right on top- yuck! Matt informed me that I just needed to take the battery out. 

So I sit down on the floor just inside the door and begin to open the bag- apparently it looked like a fun activity since Olivia and Annabelle decide to join in. So now I'm elbow deep in the garbage fending back a toddler who wants to sit in my lap and a cat who seeing the wide, wide world just beyond her whiskers. 

I found the first of the three detectors- no that one already had the battery taken out. Then I move everything around a find another half way down, nope after removing the battery I still am taunted by the beep. Of course it had to be the one ALL the way on the bottom of the bag- bless my heart!

Let's just say I had my Phil Dunphy Moment that day!


No comments:

Post a Comment